POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Neural malfunction : Re: Neural malfunction Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Neural malfunction
From: Warp
Date: 10 Aug 2010 07:18:28
Message: <4c613584@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Sounds like the migraines I get that are triggered by (and corrected by
> fixing) my poor sleep/eating habits.  They can also be triggered by
> sudden change in caffeine level in body.

  Note that "migraine" is not a synonym for "headache". Of course I don't
know if you are indeed a sufferer of the syndrome, but it just sounded
like you were simply using it as a synonym.

  Migraine is a neurological syndrome with a variety of symptoms besides
headaches. In the worst case migraine can be even lethal, if not treated
(of course you would go through hell before that happens, so it's not like
it doesn't give you a warning). Headaches, on the other hand, can be caused
by a myriad of other reasons than migraine.

  AFAIK it's not atypical for a person to become more susceptible to
headaches as he becomes middle-aged, even if he never drinks any
caffeine. This can be triggered eg. from lack of or poor sleep, something
gets aggravated by age. (When one is young and energetic, one could go
on for 48 hours without sleep with no problems, but as one gets older,
lack of sleep can become really stressful and present itself very
typically in the form of persistent headaches which won't go away until
proper sleep patterns are returned.)

--
                                                          - Warp