POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Worth 1000 words Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Worth 1000 words (Message 31 to 40 of 50)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Worth 1000 words
Date: 6 Aug 2010 03:40:28
Message: <4c5bbc6c@news.povray.org>
>> Suddenly my empty social calendar looks surprisingly busy! And it's
>> (almost) all thanks to Maggie's Blue Suede News...
>
> Good job, keep up the good work (and have FUN with it!)!

Hey baby, I ain't stopping anytime soon. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Stephen
Date: 6 Aug 2010 04:54:27
Message: <4c5bcdc3$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/08/2010 8:40 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> I should point out that while my dance school often holds events such as
> the Summer Dance and the Christmas Dance, this is 98% Ballroom & Latin
> dancing, with little if any Rock & Roll. And it turns out I really enjoy
> R&R. So now I've had the chance to go to two dance nights that are 100%
> R&R, and I like it. And, as you can see, they're recurring, so...

More power to your elbow!

>>> Suddenly my empty social calendar looks surprisingly busy! And it's
>>> (almost) all thanks to Maggie's Blue Suede News...
>>
>> Rock on! :-D
>
> Everybody keeps saying "oh yeah, there's *loads* of Rock & Roll events
> going on around here". And my reaction has always been "dude, *where*?!"

It would surprise me if there were lots of RnR dances. I imagine it is a

is about twice as old as you. ;-)

> Now it seems I know the right people and I go to the right places, and
> suddenly there seems to be a bazillion events...

Now, you're "in with the in crowd". :-D

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Aug 2010 05:04:03
Message: <4c5bd003@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> More power to your elbow!

Oh don't! I've already elbowed one partner in the face! O_O

And I don't mean I bashed her slightly, I mean I properly SMACKED her
right in the face. Weirdly, she didn't seem to mind. (??!)

(I made the FATAL MISTAKE of changing my mind part-way through a figure.
If you ever do formal dancing, DO NOT EVER DO THIS!! It doesn't work!)

You know, when you sign up for dance classes, they don't really tell you
just how hazardous it can be... o_O

>> Everybody keeps saying "oh yeah, there's *loads* of Rock & Roll events
>> going on around here". And my reaction has always been "dude, *where*?!"
>
> It would surprise me if there were lots of RnR dances. I imagine it is a

> is about twice as old as you. ;-)

Yeah - as per below. Now I've got a copy of Maggie's Blue Suede News,
almost every day on the calendar has at least a dozen R&R events
happening *somewhere* in the UK. It's just that for any given region
[except London], the number of events happening "near by" is much lower.

>> Now it seems I know the right people and I go to the right places, and
>> suddenly there seems to be a bazillion events...
>
> Now, you're "in with the in crowd". :-D

You may find this interesting:

http://tinyurl.com/298bajf

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On 06/08/2010 10:03 AM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>
>> More power to your elbow!
>
> Oh don't! I've already elbowed one partner in the face! O_O
>
> And I don't mean I bashed her slightly, I mean I properly SMACKED her
> right in the face. Weirdly, she didn't seem to mind. (??!)

It is all part of the game.

> (I made the FATAL MISTAKE of changing my mind part-way through a figure.
> If you ever do formal dancing, DO NOT EVER DO THIS!! It doesn't work!)
>
> You know, when you sign up for dance classes, they don't really tell you
> just how hazardous it can be... o_O

Anything energetic can be dangerous and dancing is very energetic.

> Yeah - as per below. Now I've got a copy of Maggie's Blue Suede News,
> almost every day on the calendar has at least a dozen R&R events
> happening *somewhere* in the UK. It's just that for any given region
> [except London], the number of events happening "near by" is much lower.

At least there is a dancing club near you.

>> Now, you're "in with the in crowd". :-D
>
> You may find this interesting:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/298bajf

I can see you now in your drape jacket, drainpipes and brothel creepers.

car and buy a Ford Zephyr?
Imagine the gossip at work when you walk in as Andrew the Teddy boy. :-D

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> Yeah - as per below. Now I've got a copy of Maggie's Blue Suede News,
>> almost every day on the calendar has at least a dozen R&R events
>> happening *somewhere* in the UK. It's just that for any given region
>> [except London], the number of events happening "near by" is much lower.
>
> At least there is a dancing club near you.

Indeed, several.

And not forgetting a *dance school*. Shelly was complaining that there
aren't any near the tiny village where she lives...

>> You may find this interesting:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/298bajf
>
> I can see you now in your drape jacket, drainpipes and brothel creepers.

> car and buy a Ford Zephyr?
> Imagine the gossip at work when you walk in as Andrew the Teddy boy. :-D

Oh, what, like this?

http://www.unicorn-50s-designs.co.uk/

Uh, yeah, not for those prices. (And who the hell dry-cleans anything?!)
Besides, the gig at Roade I wore almost nothing, and I was utterly
soaking wet by the time I went home. I went outside for some air, and
some guy in a drape jacket looks at me and goes "aye mate, is yous hot
or something?" Then again, *he* wasn't actually doing any *dancing*. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/