POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Worth 1000 words : Re: Worth 1000 words Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worth 1000 words
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Aug 2010 08:06:40
Message: <4c5bfad0$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/08/2010 12:51 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Now me, I don't think I have the right physique. I'd just look silly. (I
> mean, I do anyway I guess...) Besides, all that gear is *far* too hot to
> dance in.

It is not my style either. Anyway those clothes are for chatting up the
birds not for high kicks.

> The little old biddy in the coffe shop yesterday said "do the charity
> shops".
>
> If you stop and think about that for a moment... it's quite insightful.

interested you could probably find something at a market in London (wash
my mouth out ;-)) such as Camden Market.

>>> Besides, the gig at Roade I wore almost nothing,
>>
>> Photographs? ;-)
>
> ....you *want* to see me wearing almost nothing?!? O_O

Not personally but it would be a good laugh if you did. :-P

>> You have to remember that organised dancing is not the same as what is
>> danced by ordinary people.

> Yeah, well, "rock & roll" belongs to a whole constellation of similar
> but different dances. There's Rock & Roll, Jive, Swing, Lindy Hop...

And bebop etc.

>> Hand jiving is more my style, now-a-days. :-)
>
> Oh yeah - what *the hell* is the hand jive?! A couple of ladies where
> doing that at the gig last week... really bizare!

Something to do in cafes where there is no space to get up and dance.
Also shows how hip you are.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen