POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Worth 1000 words : Re: Worth 1000 words Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worth 1000 words
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Aug 2010 05:04:03
Message: <4c5bd003@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> More power to your elbow!

Oh don't! I've already elbowed one partner in the face! O_O

And I don't mean I bashed her slightly, I mean I properly SMACKED her
right in the face. Weirdly, she didn't seem to mind. (??!)

(I made the FATAL MISTAKE of changing my mind part-way through a figure.
If you ever do formal dancing, DO NOT EVER DO THIS!! It doesn't work!)

You know, when you sign up for dance classes, they don't really tell you
just how hazardous it can be... o_O

>> Everybody keeps saying "oh yeah, there's *loads* of Rock & Roll events
>> going on around here". And my reaction has always been "dude, *where*?!"
>
> It would surprise me if there were lots of RnR dances. I imagine it is a

> is about twice as old as you. ;-)

Yeah - as per below. Now I've got a copy of Maggie's Blue Suede News,
almost every day on the calendar has at least a dozen R&R events
happening *somewhere* in the UK. It's just that for any given region
[except London], the number of events happening "near by" is much lower.

>> Now it seems I know the right people and I go to the right places, and
>> suddenly there seems to be a bazillion events...
>
> Now, you're "in with the in crowd". :-D

You may find this interesting:

http://tinyurl.com/298bajf

--