POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Worth 1000 words : Re: Worth 1000 words Server Time
4 Sep 2024 05:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worth 1000 words
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Aug 2010 07:51:37
Message: <4c5bf749$1@news.povray.org>
>> Oh, what, like this?
>>
>> http://www.unicorn-50s-designs.co.uk/
>
> Yes, like those.

Heh. There was a young lad who used to be in my dance class who actually
had the big quiff and the tight jeans, jacket, etc. And he was a big
strapping lad; it looked *good* on him. I wasn't a fantastic dancer, but
he certainly looked like he _should_ be doing R&R!

Now me, I don't think I have the right physique. I'd just look silly. (I
mean, I do anyway I guess...) Besides, all that gear is *far* too hot to
dance in.

>> Uh, yeah, not for those prices. (And who the hell dry-cleans anything?!)
>
> The prices are a bit high but not IMO for cult clothes.

The little old biddy in the coffe shop yesterday said "do the charity
shops".

If you stop and think about that for a moment... it's quite insightful.

>> Besides, the gig at Roade I wore almost nothing,
>
> Photographs? ;-)

...you *want* to see me wearing almost nothing?!? O_O

> You have to remember that organised dancing is not the same as what is
> danced by ordinary people.

Yeah, well, "rock & roll" belongs to a whole constellation of similar
but different dances. There's Rock & Roll, Jive, Swing, Lindy Hop...

There's several videos on YouTube that purport to teach you "Rock & Roll
dancing", but each one shows different steps.

> Hand jiving is more my style, now-a-days. :-)

Oh yeah - what *the hell* is the hand jive?! A couple of ladies where
doing that at the gig last week... really bizare!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/