POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Inspirational text (Message 1 to 10 of 73)
From: Warp
Subject: Inspirational text
Date: 4 Aug 2010 08:58:05
Message: <4c5963dc@news.povray.org>
For some reason I found this quite touching:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/483318927.html

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: somebody
Subject: Re: Inspirational text
Date: 4 Aug 2010 11:46:03
Message: <4c598b3b$1@news.povray.org>

>   For some reason I found this quite touching:
>
> http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/483318927.html

Sounds like a bitter old mean guy to me.

Is there such a thing as a nice guy? Not really. There's a time when guys
are naive, and there's a time when girls are naive. Girls grow up faster get
over their naivete a few years sooner, so that may be the origin of nice guy
myth. All guys want one thing, and all girls know what that one thing is.
It's girls, any girls. Girls also know what they want, and that's successful
boys. Such is how evolution programmed us all. All the rest is a coping
mechanism.

Post a reply to this message

> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message

> >   For some reason I found this quite touching:
> >
> > http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/483318927.html

> Sounds like a bitter old mean guy to me.
>
> Is there such a thing as a nice guy? Not really. There's a time when guys
> are naive, and there's a time when girls are naive. Girls grow up faster
get
> over their naivete a few years sooner, so that may be the origin of nice
guy
> myth. All guys want one thing, and all girls know what that one thing is.
> It's girls, any girls. Girls also know what they want, and that's
successful
> boys. Such is how evolution programmed us all. All the rest is a coping
> mechanism.

And one more thing, no girl in any walk of life looks for a "nice" guy or
laments the lack of existence of such (except in hollywood movies or
sitcoms), so the premise is nonsense. Girls (women) may look for nice rich
guys, nice built guys, nice successful guys... etc, but "nice" in those
phrases is fairly flexible and meaningless.

Post a reply to this message

> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message

> >   For some reason I found this quite touching:
> >
> > http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/483318927.html

> Sounds like a bitter old mean guy to me.

  Look who's talking:

> Is there such a thing as a nice guy? Not really. There's a time when guys
> are naive, and there's a time when girls are naive. Girls grow up faster get
> over their naivete a few years sooner, so that may be the origin of nice guy
> myth. All guys want one thing, and all girls know what that one thing is.
> It's girls, any girls. Girls also know what they want, and that's successful
> boys. Such is how evolution programmed us all. All the rest is a coping
> mechanism.

  If there's bitterness and cynicism, it's right there in that paragraph,
I'd say. ;)

  (Seriously, though. The "all guys want one thing" is such a pervasive
myth that even many men have begun to believe it, even when it contradicts
their own personal experience.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> > "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message

> > >   For some reason I found this quite touching:
> > >
> > > http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/483318927.html

> > Sounds like a bitter old mean guy to me.

>   Look who's talking:

Doesn't make it wrong though. You can even say "takes one to know one".

[...]

>   (Seriously, though. The "all guys want one thing" is such a pervasive
> myth that even many men have begun to believe it, even when it contradicts
> their own personal experience.)

To be fair, guys want many things, but all but one of those things are
really the stepping stones to get to that one thing.

Post a reply to this message

> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
> >   (Seriously, though. The "all guys want one thing" is such a pervasive
> > myth that even many men have begun to believe it, even when it contradicts
> > their own personal experience.)
>
> To be fair, guys want many things, but all but one of those things are
> really the stepping stones to get to that one thing.

oh, that wet, pulsating, warm, red heart... :)

Post a reply to this message