POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text : Re: Inspirational text Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspirational text
From: somebody
Date: 5 Aug 2010 20:04:25
Message: <4c5b5189$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <n@n.n> wrote in message news:4c5ae3b6$1@news.povray.org...
> On 08/04/2010 10:46 AM, somebody wrote:

> > All guys want one thing

> Don't believe it. We live long lives on a densely populated planet. I
> think the instinct to procreate (or just to go through the motions) is
> less now that in the past.

Who said anything about procreating? Men want sex. Procreation is a
programmed side effect.

> > Girls also know what they want

> No, again, IMO. Where you and I live, relative security is a given and
> survival of ones offspring is almost guaranteed. Most girls give little
> thought to tending their nests. More than guys, sure, but still not a lot.

First, competition in modern society is as fierce as ever. Whether we do
better as a whole compared to 100 or 10,000 years ago is immaterial. We all
compete with out contemporaries. And no matter how secure the baseline is,
natural instinct is for your offspring to be as secure as possible, not
merely as secure as the baseline.

Second, this is instinct, not rational thought. This is why female of our
species will always go for the stronger, more beautiful and more well to do
specimens *even when* it's merely for a one night protected stand. No woman
will prefer to spend the night with the weak, timid or poor (qualities often
misinterpreted as being "nice") if there's a choice (and why should they,
would men?).