POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspirational text : Re: Inspirational text Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspirational text
From: Shay
Date: 6 Aug 2010 11:26:08
Message: <4c5c2990$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/05/2010 07:04 PM, somebody wrote:
> "Shay"<n@n.n>  wrote in message news:4c5ae3b6$1@news.povray.org...
>> On 08/04/2010 10:46 AM, somebody wrote:
>
>>> All guys want one thing
>
>> Don't believe it. We live long lives on a densely populated planet. I
>> think the instinct to procreate (or just to go through the motions) is
>> less now that in the past.
>
> Who said anything about procreating? Men want sex. Procreation is a
> programmed side effect.

All guys want one thing: food
All guys want one thing: air
etc.

Or would you suggest that guys only want food and air so we can stay
alive for more sex? I think the belief that all human (or animal, for
that matter) inclinations can be traced back to some perfect and logical
instinct is a load of crap.

> First, competition in modern society is as fierce as ever. Whether we do
> better as a whole compared to 100 or 10,000 years ago is immaterial. We all
> compete with out contemporaries. And no matter how secure the baseline is,
> natural instinct is for your offspring to be as secure as possible, not
> merely as secure as the baseline.

bs. Why is it that I prefer skinny women? They certainly won't make
stronger babies. My guess is that my preference is a reaction to my
environment.

> Second, this is instinct, not rational thought. This is why female of our
> species will always go for the stronger, more beautiful and more well to do
> specimens *even when* it's merely for a one night protected stand. No woman
> will prefer to spend the night with the weak, timid or poor (qualities often
> misinterpreted as being "nice") if there's a choice (and why should they,
> would men?).

"Nice guys" really do finish last, but it's not because they are weak or
poor. I was born with a nack for attracting "good will." People around
me just insisted on doing things for me ...

UNTIL I decided that I wanted these things. Then I'd throw a wrench into
the works by acting under some of the same assumptions you've expressed
here. I never really did figure it out on my own; Someone, several
someones, had to show me what I was doing wrong.

You may be right about the timid, but look for the weak and poor guy
with the "hot chick" next time you go out -- you'll see him.

  -Shay