POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Things you can't Google Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Things you can't Google (Message 1 to 10 of 54)
From: Invisible
Subject: Things you can't Google
Date: 16 Jul 2010 11:39:41
Message: <4c407d3d$1@news.povray.org>
What the hell are "bangs"? Is this an American thing or something?

(TMBG wrote an entire song about them. To quote, "blow my mind your
royal flyness, I dig your bangs".)

"I'll carry your books to school."

Is this another American thing? At every school I've ever seen, there'd
be nothing to carry. The textbooks and workbooks stay in the classroom.
(Unless you're doing homework, I guess...) Hell, even at university I
didn't really have much to carry - then again, I guess that's because it
was all on disk...

What precisely does "going steady" actually mean anyway?

Post a reply to this message

http://tinyurl.com/2uk32nz

#2 on this list.

> "I'll carry your books to school."
>
> Is this another American thing? At every school I've ever seen, there'd
> be nothing to carry. The textbooks and workbooks stay in the classroom.
> (Unless you're doing homework, I guess...) Hell, even at university I
> didn't really have much to carry - then again, I guess that's because it
> was all on disk...

In US schools, the books go home with students, and at university, the
student purchases/owns the books.

http://tinyurl.com/348py4l

#2 on this list.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> In US schools, the books go home with students, and at university, the
> student purchases/owns the books.

Really? Heh, I never knew that. Any specific reason?

> http://tinyurl.com/348py4l
>
> #2 on this list.

Again, 404.

Post a reply to this message