POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Things you can't Google : Re: Things you can't Google Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Things you can't Google
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jul 2010 13:05:16
Message: <4c40914c@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> What the hell are "bangs"? Is this an American thing or something?

Since it's a 404, "bangs" are the girl equivalent of long sideburns.

Indeed, I don't know what google *you* are typing into, but typing "bangs"
into the one my browser hits comes up with the first entry being dozens of
pictures of bangs.

> "I'll carry your books to school."
>
> Is this another American thing? At every school I've ever seen, there'd
> be nothing to carry. The textbooks and workbooks stay in the classroom.

You probably share the same books with several classes. Here, in grade
school at least, you get given the book at the start of the year and give it
back at the end. There's places to store it in the school, but if you have
homework or whatever you lug it home with you.

http://www.lockersdepot.com/index/single-tier-standard-lockers-1.htm

> What precisely does "going steady" actually mean anyway?

Exclusive dating.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback