POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Things you can't Google : Re: Things you can't Google Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Things you can't Google
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jul 2010 13:00:47
Message: <4c40903f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> the government provides the students with the material they need

Interestingly, my understanding is that "school uniforms" are usually *not*
paid for by the government, and the point of the uniforms is to avoid
distinguishing wealthy from poor. If everyone buys the same clothes, there's
no way to have a status symbol your parents bought for you in that way.

I may be completely mistaken about this, mind.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback