POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  The computer project (Message 131 to 140 of 180)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: The computer project
Date: 14 Jun 2010 08:50:16
Message: <4c162588$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/12/2010 11:12 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 12.06.2010 13:11, schrieb Stephen:
>
>>> I don't know. Maybe it's just because it's Saturday morning and *yet
>>> again* I'm sitting all alone in my bedroom feeling bored and lonely,
>>> with nowhere to go and nobody to talk to. Perhaps I just need to go
>>> listen to some more Neil Sekada or something...
>>
>> My sympathies but Neil Sedaka?
>> Listen to something life enhancing like bagpipe music. :-P
>
> Yeah, I second this - punish yourself for your bad mood :-P

LOL...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Jun 2010 08:53:39
Message: <4c162653$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/12/2010 12:38 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>  From what I've seen, *not* being a loser gets you way, way more
> attention. Of a more satisfying kind. (Although not _all_ necessarily
> good...)

Loser is a mindset. Drop that mindset. ;)

(Yeah, I know .. easier said than done, it takes time to break a habit,
but it's a habit worth breaking...)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Jun 2010 08:56:25
Message: <4c1626f9$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/12/2010 3:47 PM, Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> Not all cats are elitist fuzz-and-claws. Some fuss when they are more
> than an arms length away from someone. Mine yowls when he has to use his
> litter in the middle of the night, since it means leaving the room.
> Howls on the way out and back, just to wake me up and let me know that I
> am missed. Could do without that, actually.

They also have the advantage of being relatively low maintenance. My one
cat definitely does not look down upon me. He follows me everywhere and
curls up on my pillow between my wife and I when we sleep, purring
loudly ...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message