POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Jun 2010 09:48:23
Message: <4c163327$1@news.povray.org>
>> Given my history with pets... both of these suggestions sound like a
>> very bad idea.
>
> A baby would be very demoralizing.. Don't get that.

Fhahahaha! :-D

What, I can't take it back for a refund?

> Colossally bad idea
> if you need a pick me up. They vomit constantly, throw food, leave
> terrible messes, and scream if they don't get attention.

Yeah, I never did quite see the attraction.

Also, those people who say "man, I slept like a baby last night". So...
you woke up every 90 minutes crying for another feed? o_O

> Now, a 3 year old that can old basic conversations and worships the
> ground you walk on .... :) That's less demoralizing, but it took 3 years
> to get there.

Well, every child I've ever met thought I was a dufus (or a punch bag).

> And he can still be exceptionally stubborn and does things
> just for the purpose of seeing how far he can push things.

It's an important learning experience. ;-)

> So, IOW, terrible idea... ;)

That was my conclusion also, yes.

Also, I would sincerly hope that they don't allow emotionally unstable
people to adopt small children. (!!)