POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Jun 2010 11:02:47
Message: <4c164497$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/14/2010 8:48 AM, Invisible wrote:

> Fhahahaha! :-D
>
> What, I can't take it back for a refund?

Nope. Not even if its defective XD

>> Colossally bad idea if you need a pick me up. They vomit constantly,
>> throw food, leave terrible messes, and scream if they don't get
>> attention.
>
> Yeah, I never did quite see the attraction.

Evolutionary biology.

> Also, those people who say "man, I slept like a baby last night". So...
> you woke up every 90 minutes crying for another feed? o_O

Haha.. yeah, well, its true for about the first 3 months, after that,
they tend to sleep through the night.... mostly.

>> Now, a 3 year old that can old basic conversations and worships the
>> ground you walk on .... :) That's less demoralizing, but it took 3
>> years to get there.
>
> Well, every child I've ever met thought I was a dufus (or a punch bag).

Wow... if my kid hit someone there would be serious consequences. I
don't think he'd think you were a dufus, but then he's only 3 and not
equipped to judge character yet.

>> And he can still be exceptionally stubborn and does things just for
>> the purpose of seeing how far he can push things.
>
> It's an important learning experience. ;-)

Yeah, I know. its part of his process to figure out what the parameters
of his environment is. He has learned that spitting at people, for
example, is very highly frowned upon. So now he makes attempts at
progressively milder actions of a similar vein.

>> So, IOW, terrible idea... ;)
>
> That was my conclusion also, yes.
>
> Also, I would sincerly hope that they don't allow emotionally unstable
> people to adopt small children. (!!)

Well, any emotionally unstable person can breed, so ...

--
~Mike