POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? (Message 89 to 98 of 108)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
Date: 9 Jun 2010 04:06:24
Message: <4c0f4b80$1@news.povray.org>
>> Thing is, you can get that question wrong and never drive on a motorway,
>> let alone have these things explained to you, then you get your full
>> driving license.  It's no wonder so many people get it wrong.
>
> Ehh... don't you have to drive on the motorway in the driving exam at
> least once?

No.  Before you have actually passed your test you are not allowed to drive
on motorways, this includes during the actual practical exam.

It's not quite as bad as it sounds though, because in the UK we have a lot
of roads that are very similar to motorways (same speed limit, dual
carriageways, multiple lanes in each direction) but are just not classed as
such.  You can drive on these as a learner driver.  Also IIRC in the test
you have to drive on a road like this for a bit too.

Post a reply to this message