POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Jun 2010 06:57:49
Message: <4c0f73ad$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/06/2010 8:50 AM, scott wrote:
> The key point is to be aware what is happening far enough ahead of you
> relative to your speed.  Doing 200 km/hr can be safe if you check far
> enough ahead of you that it is clear (not just the one car ahead of
> you).  If you can't for whatever reason then you need to slow down until
> you can see far enough for your speed.

If it is of any interest. Each week I make a 400 mile round journey
mostly on motorways. At the end of the outward leg I find that it is
difficult to focus on anything closer than, about 15 yards. As I travel
at speed and I am mostly concentrating on the road about a quarter to a
half mile ahead. On the homeward leg the traffic is much denser so my
speed is less and my point of concentration is closer. I don’t notice
that phenomenon.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen