POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: scott
Date: 9 Jun 2010 08:02:22
Message: <4c0f82ce$1@news.povray.org>
> If it is of any interest. Each week I make a 400 mile round journey mostly
> on motorways. At the end of the outward leg I find that it is difficult to
> focus on anything closer than, about 15 yards. As I travel at speed and I
> am mostly concentrating on the road about a quarter to a half mile ahead.

Yes, I find this leads to a much more relaxing drive as you can react early
and gently to every situation rather than constantly accelerating/braking in
response to the car directly ahead.  Of course sometimes you get an idiot
riding your bumper as you gradually slow when the traffic is stopped in 500
metres, but hey he looks stupid once you've come to a stop :-)