POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 9 Jun 2010 09:24:27
Message: <4c0f960b$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/9/2010 3:00 AM, scott wrote:

> I think the brakes are probably pretty much the same on all cars
> everywhere. What you need is better tyres :-)

Some do have better brakes than others, but the most important (and
overlooked!) part of the car is that small square patch of rubber where
the tire meets the row, this is usually your main point of failure. You
can have 700 ft/lb of torque, and the best brakes in the world, if your
tires suck none of it matters. Of course, there's a trade-off. Tires
that grip exceptionally well do so because the rubber is soft. Soft
rubber wears faster.

--
~Mike