POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Network devices hanging explorer Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Network devices hanging explorer (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: scott
Subject: Network devices hanging explorer
Date: 8 Mar 2010 04:08:08
Message: <4b94be78@news.povray.org>
On my laptop I have 2 network drives mapped, and a network printer.  It
works fine when connected to the network that these devices are on.  However
if I go to a different network (eg home WLAN) then windows  explorer becomes
almost impossible to use.  Every single time I click a folder or file the
explorer window hangs completely for 10 or 20 seconds.

If I am not connected to any network, or I remove the two network maps and
the printer, this problem disappears.  This makes me think explorer is
somehow searching for these network resources, even when there is no chance
to find them.

How do other people cope with this, I can't be the only one in this
situation?

Post a reply to this message