POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Network devices hanging explorer : Re: Network devices hanging explorer Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Network devices hanging explorer
From: scott
Date: 8 Mar 2010 04:23:55
Message: <4b94c22b@news.povray.org>
> That is one of the things I love about Windows Explorer - it's complete
> inability to handle delays.

I bet there's some core code that is still from Windows 1 :-)

> Click on A: by mistake, when there's nothing in the drive, and essentially
> the entire Windows UI locks up until it has determined there's nothing in
> the drive.

Don't remember the last machine I used with an "A" drive, but the same
happens with CDs and DVDs that it can't read properly.

> I presume you've tried unmapping the mapped drives.

As I said, if I unmap the drives the problem goes away.  Issue is that I
don't want to have to remap them everytime I connect to the network they're
on!

I just couldn't find the "Only try to connect once to mapped drives until
the network connection is changed" checkbox...

> Is the laptop part of a domain?

Yes.