POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photos to 3D Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Photos to 3D (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Darren New
Subject: Photos to 3D
Date: 21 Feb 2010 17:49:41
Message: <4b81b885$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuHJUS2olyc

Cool. Use Photosynth to take a bunch of pictures and turn it into a 3D model.

I saw how to do something like this like 25 years ago, in Byte magazine or
something, using a digitizer (what we'd call a graphics tablet today) on a
few pictures to identify the common points. Never really followed the math,
unfortunately.

Anyone know what the math behind "here's a bunch of 2D images, figure out
the 3D shape" is called?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not

Post a reply to this message