POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photos to 3D : Re: Photos to 3D Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photos to 3D
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Feb 2010 19:04:43
Message: <4b81ca1b$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> I've still heard what you're referring to called structure from motion,
> but I believe the term you're looking for would more accurately be
> called "bundle adjustment".

Cool. I'll grope into this then.  I'm pretty sure what I saw described was
primarily for things with straight lines.

I've also seen setups where you take the model and put it on (say) a card
with some markings around the edge for alignment, and take a bunch of
photos, and come up with the 3D shape based on the silhouettes.

All of interest to me because my artistic capability sucks. ;-)

> It is cool.  And I'm relatively sure we'll be seeing some really neat
> stuff in this area within the near- to mid-term future.

I bet so.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   The question in today's corporate environment is not