POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Loneliness (Message 51 to 60 of 95)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Loneliness
Date: 2 Feb 2010 17:26:56
Message: <4b68a6b0$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Yeah, it's impossible to know whether the answer was generic and useless
> because the technical support guy was just being lazy, or because he is
> honestly trying to help but is so busy with the hundreds of emails he is
> getting that he simply doesn't have the time to scrutinize all the minor
> details in every single one of them.

In addition, some places explicitly forbid the support people from
exercising much creativity in their answers, but instead force them to
select from a bank of pre-designed template answers.  So it might even
be the case that the person knows what you're asking and wants to help,
but couldn't because they didn't have the authority to answer it properly.

Post a reply to this message