POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness : Re: Loneliness Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Feb 2010 18:16:16
Message: <4b68b240$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:27:23 -0800, DungBeatle wrote:

> Now THAT is a new one... I can see it though, just surprised me.

I actually had a discussion with a support guy for my ISP (based in India
I believe).  I use Linux pretty much exclusively; if I use Windows, it's
in a virtual machine.

I called my ISP's support line and specifically selected the option for
"not Windows or Mac support".  I ended up with someone who supports
Windows.

I mentioned that I had selected the option that should have gotten me to
someone who knows Linux, and he confessed that he actually had a lot of
experience with RedHat, but that the support organization management
policies prohibited him from using that knowledge because he hadn't
"certified" on providing Linux support.  So he knew what my problem was
and how to fix it, but he was bound by policy not to tell me.

I convinced him to tell me anyways, and promised not to tell anyone from
the organization who asked how I got help.  But it was one of the
stranger support conversations I've ever had.

Jim