POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Loneliness : Re: Loneliness Server Time
8 Oct 2024 17:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness
From: DungBeatle
Date: 2 Feb 2010 17:31:52
Message: <4b68a7d8@news.povray.org>
"Kevin Wampler" <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu> wrote in message
> In addition, some places explicitly forbid the support
people from
> exercising much creativity in their answers, but instead
force them to
> select from a bank of pre-designed template answers.  So
it might even
> be the case that the person knows what you're asking and
wants to help,
> but couldn't because they didn't have the authority to
answer it properly.

Now THAT is a new one... I can see it though, just surprised
me. By the time I'm calling for support, I coubt some list
of stock answers is going to help me. :) Not that I'm some
high-falootin' tech genius, but I do build and take care of
all the servers here in my department, all three of them! :)
Usually my problems aren't trivial. And not all of them are
caused by me!