POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Why people don't like Star Wars I (Message 11 to 20 of 126)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
Date: 19 Dec 2009 00:20:33
Message: <4b2c62a1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 20:48:37 -0500, nemesis wrote:

>> The thing that surprised me during the rewatch that I hadn't noticed
>> before was who was left after the big fight at the end of Revolutions.
>> When it first came out, I thought it was Neo.  It isn't, and that
>> actually changed the ending for me rather significantly when I noticed
>> who it was.
>
> How could you not notice that?!

I made an assumption on my first viewing and didn't look that closely
when the close-up shot happened.

> I enjoyed the whole trilogy, down to the storyline and details.  But
> yeah, the novelty of seeing a whole new world unveiling right in front
> of your eyes as in the first was obviously gone in the sequels.

Yes, but I don't think that was the thing that made the second and third
films less interesting to me; I think the first story was a very well-
written story, but the second and third had too much exposition.  That
and the fight scenes between Neo and Smith were too far over the top in
the last two films.  For example, in the second film right after Neo
meets with the Oracle again, there's a point where here we all just say
"OK, we get it, stop dropping anvils on our heads".  The same with the
final fight sequence in Revolutions.

Jim

Post a reply to this message