POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I : Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Dec 2009 00:24:30
Message: <4b2c638e$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 18:55:23 -0500, Warp wrote:

> Nowadays when you
> can control absolutely everything and have whatever you might want show
> up on screen, no matter how crazy, it easily derails the directing. The
> director might get so enthralled by his own omnipotence to get whatever
> he wants on screen that he forgets that he should actually be filming a
> story, not a computer graphics demonstration.

Well said; one of the things I really like is when the effects are
invisible.  We just watched the first and second Bourne movies again, and
I was quite amazed watching the credits to see ILM credited with VFX
work.  I couldn't name a scene with ILM VFX in it, that's how well done
the effects were - they didn't jump out and scream "I'm CGI!  I'm a
special effect, look at me!" - they helped tell a very well-written story.

Jim