POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why people don't like Star Wars I : Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why people don't like Star Wars I
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Dec 2009 14:00:52
Message: <4b2d22e4$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:48:57 -0500, nemesis wrote:

> I enjoyed the fights for their pure visual beauty.

I enjoyed most of the fights too because they were really well done.  But
the fight I mentioned specifically goes into the realm of total-CG, and
at that point, it lost my interest.  At that point it's just someone
manipulating models, and not the actor doing the work.

> They also serve the purpose of depicting how far above normality in the
> Matrix both Neo and Smith have progressed, getting pretty god-like and
> literally provoking earthquakes and hurricanes with their punches and
> kicks.

Oh, sure, the final fight in particular does that - but it just went on
for too long and depended too much on CG.  When the CG screams out "I am
CG!", then it loses my interest.

Jim