POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Geometric puzzle (Message 52 to 61 of 201)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Geometric puzzle
Date: 16 Dec 2009 10:34:47
Message: <4b28fe17$1@news.povray.org>
>> IME, with mesh moddelling *nothing* is trivial or easy. (Well, except
>> selecting "torus" and then "create mesh". That's trivial.) Every mesh
>> editor I've ever seen makes it utterly painful to achieve even the
>> most seemingly simple task.
>
> You should watch this:
> http://www.blendercookie.com/2009/08/28/modeling-a-praying-mantis/

Maybe when I get home. I apparently don't have whatever plugin is
required currently installed...

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 16 Dec 2009 10:40:52
Message: <4b28ff84@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> Clearly you have not actually used any half-decent modeling software.
>
> I don't know - what counts as "half-decent"?
>
> Back in the Amiga days, AmigaFormat gave away several coverdisks
> featuring demo versions of what were supposedly "cutting-edge" 3D
> applications - Expert 4D Jr, Imagine 3D, Real 3D, Cinema 4D, etc. Hell,
> I even once borrowed an illegal copy of 3D Studio Max.

Are you seriously implying Amiga modelers could be called "half-decent" now?

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 16 Dec 2009 10:42:40
Message: <4b28fff0$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Are you seriously implying Amiga modelers could be called "half-decent" now?

Are you seriously implying that triangles have fundamentally changed
somehow?

Last time I checked, the triangles used by the ancient Greeks were
pretty similar if not identical to the ones used today.

Post a reply to this message