POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
8 Oct 2024 22:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Dec 2009 11:39:53
Message: <4b290d59$1@news.povray.org>
>> You should watch this:
>> http://www.blendercookie.com/2009/08/28/modeling-a-praying-mantis/
>
> Maybe when I get home. I apparently don't have whatever plugin is
> required currently installed...

Actually, loading this with IE instead of Firefox seems to make it play.
(Although obviously I still have no sound.)

After spending almost an hour watching this, it's clear that a hell of a
lot of work went into it. It's also clear that you could never, ever do
something like this just by moving verticies one at a time. Somehow this
guy manages to make Blender move multiple points simultaneously, and
even more them in some pretty complex ways.

On the other hand, if you left me in a room with Blender for 6 years, I
suspect I *still* couldn't make that God-damned banana look right... :-/