POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geometric puzzle : Re: Geometric puzzle Server Time
8 Oct 2024 22:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric puzzle
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Dec 2009 11:43:13
Message: <4b290e21$1@news.povray.org>
>> Then you have managed to create something in 2 minutes which is
>> dramatically more complex than any mesh object I have ever created in
>> my entire life with any 3D product, ever.
>
> Maybe you should download Blender and a follow a few tutorials - it's
> clear from the things you've said you have no idea what is easily doable
> in even free 3D modellers.

Well, now that I have VMware, I thought I might do that, just for a giggle.

So far I can't figure out how to even change the 3D view. :-|

Clearly I'm going to have to sit down and do a whole crapload of reading
before I can start doing anything interesting with Blender. (Quite apart
from the intractibility of 3D modelling, the UI itself seems to behave
in a number of surprising ways - which probably take a while to get used
to.)