POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Trivial trigonometry (Message 11 to 20 of 178)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Trivial trigonometry
Date: 24 Nov 2009 11:09:31
Message: <4b0c053b@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> My education didn't include this information.

  Did your education include anything?

> Also, I have no idea how many centimeters there are in one mile.

  Nobody is expected to remember factors and numbers, but you are expected
to be able to do the conversion when you know the factors involved.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 24 Nov 2009 11:11:31
Message: <4b0c05b3$1@news.povray.org>
>> I just noticed the other night that as I passed under a sign telling me
>> the motorway exit was in 1 mile, I could already see the green traffic
>> lights beyond the exit. And those lights can't be much more than 24cm
>> across...
>
>   Lights can be seen much easier than other details.

This is what I'm interested in. Are the lights visible from this
distance because they glow? Or would any old object be visible from such
a distance? (Assuming it wasn't the middle of the night, obviously.)

Post a reply to this message