POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Nov 2009 11:43:33
Message: <4b0c0d35@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> This is what I'm interested in. Are the lights visible from this
> distance because they glow? Or would any old object be visible from such
> a distance? (Assuming it wasn't the middle of the night, obviously.)

Would you still be able to see it if you intentionally blurred your vision?
Sure, because the blur makes it bigger, not smaller.

The question is whether you can tell two lights on the same pole apart.

You can see stars that are millions (or more) light years away. That doesn't
mean you can tell whether it's a binary star or not.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   You know the kamikaze monsters in Serious Sam