POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Nov 2009 13:16:38
Message: <4b0c2306$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Sure, they're quite far away (!!), but they're also rather large (!!!),
> and absurdly bright. ;-)

Yep. It would be interesting to figure out how big vs how far away it would
have to be. I mean, the moon is much smaller, the sun is much larger, but
they both look the same size. Actually, I guess it's linear, so it isn't too
hard to calculate.

By the way, I'm pretty sure stars aren't all that bright. I think it's just
because they're large that they seem bright. I.e., per square inch, I don't
think they're a lot brighter than what you can build on earth easily.
(Brighter than street lights, certainly.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   You know the kamikaze monsters in Serious Sam