POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Nov 2009 13:16:19
Message: <4b0c22f3$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Try to calculate how many arc-seconds large the farthest visible stars are.

If my math is right, the closest star would have to have a diameter of about
4100 times as big as our sun to look the same size as a 24cm street light
does one mile away.  (Am I the only one that wonders how we managed to mix
cm with miles?) And that's the *closest* star.

No, I don't remember why I started calculating that.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   You know the kamikaze monsters in Serious Sam