POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trivial trigonometry : Re: Trivial trigonometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trivial trigonometry
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Nov 2009 11:16:23
Message: <4b0c06d7@news.povray.org>
>> My education didn't include this information.
>
>   Did your education include anything?

Long division?

Lots and lots of long division?

Like, for years on end?

Let's face it, I went to a school for stupid people, after all. My exam
results are apparently unprecidentedly high for somebody at that school
- and I only got a B and two Cs.

>> Also, I have no idea how many centimeters there are in one mile.
>
>   Nobody is expected to remember factors and numbers, but you are expected
> to be able to do the conversion when you know the factors involved.

Trouble is, while it's easy enough to look up some numbers and do a
calculation, it's somewhat more tricky to figure out whether your answer
is actually right (or total gibberish). Hence I asked for assistence. ;-)