POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Operation downfall (Message 61 to 70 of 244)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Operation downfall
Date: 19 Nov 2009 05:06:55
Message: <4b0518bf$1@news.povray.org>
>> - How BT does business.
>
> Surely not that different to many other large companies?

I mean stuff like knowing which departments deal with which problems,
what order a customer request has to go from place to place to get stuff
done, things like that. Stuff that's perculiar to the particular
department structure that BT has chosen to implement.

>> - How to install wired analogue telephone systems.
>> - How to perform diagnostics on wired analogue telephone systems.
>
> Those skills could probably be used by many companies with their own
> internal telephone systems (ie every company with more than 10
> employees). I'm sure it wouldn't take her long to do some training (if
> she hasn't already) to brush up on digital phone systems.

I'm not sure how many companies need you to attach overhead wires to
telegraph poles, but sure, the internal stuff is probably relevant.
Except that my mum doesn't *do* installation work any more. Diagnostics
could be a possibility though...

Post a reply to this message