POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall Server Time
9 Oct 2024 11:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Operation downfall (Message 171 to 180 of 244)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Operation downfall
Date: 29 Nov 2009 16:47:45
Message: <4B12EC01.6030905@hotmail.com>
On 29-11-2009 17:05, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> Same for France (though they have the added problem of no speaking
>> English)
>
> I spent three or four weeks in France, at least two of which were in
> Paris itself. There was only one person I met who refused to speak
> english, and since he was behind a post office desk with my unstamped
> post cards on the table in front of him, I have to assume he was failing
> to understand me intentionally.

The French that I know have an English accent that is very hard to
understand. That may be because they tend to be older and the accent of
the generation of my mother here in the Netherlands was also on the edge
on comprehensibility (or slightly over).

How is the accent among young French persons nowadays? Anyone knows?

Post a reply to this message