POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
9 Oct 2024 00:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Darren New
Date: 30 Nov 2009 10:38:04
Message: <4b13e6dc$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> I would suggest that you'd be insane to try to travel around central
>>> London by car. It's not that public transport is superb - it isn't -
>>
>> The subway takes you where you need to go. I've been all over london.
>
> Tried leaving the West End on a Saturday night just after all the shows
> finish?

Well, sure. But that's going to be congested regardless of your mode of
transport. Heck, I've been to places that when the show let out, it was too
crowded to *walk* for 15 minutes or more.

> One of the things I like about MK is that it has a road network that was
> *designed*, rather than having to try to fit a road network into a city
> which already exists and wasn't laid out with mass transport in mind.

Yep. Most of the west coast of the USA is like that.  Especially where you
have mountains, so it's infeasible to have lots of little back roads running
over canyons.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)