POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
9 Oct 2024 00:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Nov 2009 16:02:52
Message: <4b1432fc$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:09:07 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> People with an accent that's difficult to understand, basically.
>
> Move to a country that's teeming with people with bad accents, and
> everyone will accommodate you. Move to someplace where everyone speaks
> the same foreign language and I'm not so sure.

That's very true in most cases - especially if one makes an effort to try
to speak in the native language (even a poor attempt is generally well-
received, certainly better than none at all).

And there's nothing that will improve your ability to hear through an
accent than living someplace where people talk with an accent you find
hard to understand - or even just working with people with a heavy
accent.  I find, for example, that after a few months of weekly
conference calls with developers in India, I can usually understand even
through the thickest Indian accent now.

Jim