POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Operation downfall (Message 151 to 160 of 244)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Operation downfall
Date: 28 Nov 2009 15:41:58
Message: <4b118b16@news.povray.org>
>> Did you miss the part where I actually went to an interview for another
>> job? Would I do that if I wasn't prepaid to change?
>
> It would be awesome if I was pre-paid to change things...

*facepalm*

What can I say? It's saturday night. (Or at least it is here...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: andrel
Date: 28 Nov 2009 18:02:55
Message: <4B11AC20.3010209@hotmail.com>
On 28-11-2009 21:09, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> There's nothing wrong with Germany. I'm sure lots of people *love*
>>> living there. It's just that *I* don't want to live there. I'm
>>> allowed an opinion aren't I?
>>
>> Are you sure it is "aren't I"? Anyway, yes you are allowed an opinion,
>> my problem is prejudice. This was just that, a negative opinion based
>> on no facts at all.
>
> Foreign people make me nervous. Fact.

When you live in another country you'd be the foreigner. ;)

More seriously: why do we make you nervous and where do you draw the
line? non english speaking? Scots? people from outside MK?

> Living in Germany would mean that
> I am surrounded by such people constantly. Fact. So I probably wouldn't
> like Germany. Not a fact, but a reasonable supposition, I'd say.
>
>>> Still, most of the populous of MK are employed. If everybody else
>>> manages it, there seems no particular reason why I can't.
>>
>> AFAIK you are employed. Do work below your capacity, hate it, and are
>> not prepared to change your job for fear of the unknown.
>
> Who says I'm not prepaid to change my job?
>
> Did you miss the part where I actually went to an interview for another
> job?

yes. How many miles from your home was that?

> Would I do that if I wasn't prepaid to change?
>
>> Put another way: normally I am prepared to accept anybody's statement
>> on what they feel and think, but in this case I think you are simply
>> scared to death by the idea of change, no matter what you say.
>
> I'd say I'm more scared of the idea of *not* changing - that what I have
> now is all my life is ever going to be. But you presumably aren't going
> to believe me.

Not really, not as long as you persist in having totally unrealistic
requirement for a new job, like being able to commute from his mother's
home.

Post a reply to this message

> When you live in another country you'd be the foreigner. ;)

Hell yes. ;-)

> More seriously: why do we make you nervous and where do you draw the
> line? non english speaking? Scots? people from outside MK?

People with an accent that's difficult to understand, basically.
Communicating with people is intimidating enough already...

>> Did you miss the part where I actually went to an interview for
>> another job?
>
> yes. How many miles from your home was that?

That one just happened to be quite close by. I sent out applications to
half a dozen jobs, and it just so happens that the only people who
bothered to reply were quite near. I didn't plan it that way.

>> I'd say I'm more scared of the idea of *not* changing - that what I
>> have now is all my life is ever going to be. But you presumably aren't
>> going to believe me.
>
> Not really, not as long as you persist in having totally unrealistic
> requirement for a new job, like being able to commute from his mother's
> home.

Right. Because having a job near to where I live is *obviously* a
"totally unrealistic requirement". WTF?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/