POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 29 Nov 2009 05:53:33
Message: <4b1252ad$1@news.povray.org>
>> Foreign people make me nervous. Fact.
>
> When you live in another country you'd be the foreigner. ;)

Hell yes. ;-)

> More seriously: why do we make you nervous and where do you draw the
> line? non english speaking? Scots? people from outside MK?

People with an accent that's difficult to understand, basically.
Communicating with people is intimidating enough already...

>> Did you miss the part where I actually went to an interview for
>> another job?
>
> yes. How many miles from your home was that?

That one just happened to be quite close by. I sent out applications to
half a dozen jobs, and it just so happens that the only people who
bothered to reply were quite near. I didn't plan it that way.

>> I'd say I'm more scared of the idea of *not* changing - that what I
>> have now is all my life is ever going to be. But you presumably aren't
>> going to believe me.
>
> Not really, not as long as you persist in having totally unrealistic
> requirement for a new job, like being able to commute from his mother's
> home.

Right. Because having a job near to where I live is *obviously* a
"totally unrealistic requirement". WTF?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/