POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: andrel
Date: 29 Nov 2009 07:03:03
Message: <4B1262F7.9030508@hotmail.com>
On 29-11-2009 11:53, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Foreign people make me nervous. Fact.
>>
>> When you live in another country you'd be the foreigner. ;)
>
> Hell yes. ;-)
>
>> More seriously: why do we make you nervous and where do you draw the
>> line? non english speaking? Scots? people from outside MK?
>
> People with an accent that's difficult to understand, basically.
> Communicating with people is intimidating enough already...

So that even excludes living in Whales, Ireland, Scotland Australia, NZ
and the US and pretty much everywhere else where they speak English.
Actually people in some countries on mainland Europe (Denmark, Germany,
the Netherlands...) might be much easier to understand for you than e.g.
a Scot. At least they are for me ;)

Let me also tell you this: an accent is the least of your (=anyone's)
problems in communication. Much more important is if they are friendly
and prepared to take you seriously and listen to what you say. There is
no point in 'communicating' with someone that you understand every word
of, when the sequence of those words implies that he doesn't give a ****
what your opinion is.

>>> I'd say I'm more scared of the idea of *not* changing - that what I
>>> have now is all my life is ever going to be. But you presumably
>>> aren't going to believe me.
>>
>> Not really, not as long as you persist in having totally unrealistic
>> requirement for a new job, like being able to commute from his
>> mother's home.
>
> Right. Because having a job near to where I live is *obviously* a
> "totally unrealistic requirement". WTF?

What is unrealistic is assuming you will find a satisfying job within
that area. Most people are prepared to move if they can get a good job
that is beyond commuting distance. They only common exception are people
with spouses that also work, then you have to find a place where both
can have a job.
As far as we know you don't have a girlfriend and the only reason to
stay where you live would be that you definitely don't want to leave
your mother. Not sure if that is the case. Money is not an acceptable
excuse because most jobs that you are qualified for will pay enough to
rent a small place for yourself. Probably not your dream home yet, so
pick a place where you can have a career. And don't wait too long.