POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Nov 2009 11:05:11
Message: <4b129bb7$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> Same for France (though they have the added problem
> of no speaking English)

I spent three or four weeks in France, at least two of which were in Paris
itself. There was only one person I met who refused to speak english, and
since he was behind a post office desk with my unstamped post cards on the
table in front of him, I have to assume he was failing to understand me
intentionally.

China, now... I've never seen such a place for people not knowing English. :-)

> Totally aside: is there a nice psychiatric term for your condition. It
> clearly is some kind of phobia, but perhaps it is so rare that it does
> not have a name. Anyone knows?

Parochialism?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)