POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Operation downfall (Message 11 to 20 of 244)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Operation downfall
Date: 17 Nov 2009 11:43:06
Message: <4b02d29a$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Well if people are doing things like shouting at you for 20 minutes or
> sending threatening letters, then complain about them.

Maybe it's just me, but if someone at work actually raised their voice to me
out of something other than momentary anger, I'd just laugh in their face
and tell them to grow up.

Not to minimize your mom's feelings, but I just can't relate.

Feeling bad over someone being upset I reserve for people I care about. If
your job is to make me miserable, it doesn't really bother me if you fail at
it. A disappointing look from someone I respect is far worse than 20 minutes
of "being called into the boss' office" by someone who's a hack. Especially
if I'm a skilled worker and I know I haven't done poorly.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> Last time I checked, BT ownes the entire telephone network. Nobody else
> is allowed to touch it.

What sort of engineering does she do? Even in the days of the monopoly in
the USA, the phone company still bought equipment from other companies and
so on.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> Not to minimize your mom's feelings, but I just can't relate.
>
> Feeling bad over someone being upset I reserve for people I care about.
> If your job is to make me miserable, it doesn't really bother me if you
> fail at it. A disappointing look from someone I respect is far worse
> than 20 minutes of "being called into the boss' office" by someone who's
> a hack. Especially if I'm a skilled worker and I know I haven't done
> poorly.

How about "you will meet these impossible targets I've set you or I'll
fire you and you'll have to go live on the street"? How does that strike
you?

Post a reply to this message

>> Last time I checked, BT ownes the entire telephone network. Nobody
>> else is allowed to touch it.
>
> What sort of engineering does she do? Even in the days of the monopoly
> in the USA, the phone company still bought equipment from other
> companies and so on.

She spent about 10 years installing people's telephones, running
telephone cables, diagnosing network faults, etc.

Now she just works in a call center where people ring her up to whine
about their phone not working and demand that somebody come and fix it
yesterday.

Post a reply to this message