POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the problems with the Blender UI Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  One of the problems with the Blender UI (Message 42 to 51 of 51)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI
Date: 11 Nov 2009 11:54:24
Message: <4afaec40$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> scott wrote:
>> Seems like a market hole for something priced around $100-$500 that is
>> halfway between Blender and 3D Studio (or whatever it's called now).
>
> There's Hash:Animation Master.  They have good video tutorials online
> and do a good job with character animation and such. It was like $300
> last I looked. It was OK. Doesn't do as much as blender (such as, no
> post-processing, for example), but what it does I think it does better.

galleries look very bland:
http://www.hash.com/stills/

compare to:
http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/gallery/art-gallery/

The Hash guys are pros, they should know a good-looking gallery is a
great way to market a product.  Or perhaps another case of limitations
actually forcing artists to go wild?  :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message