POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the problems with the Blender UI : Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Nov 2009 12:07:58
Message: <4afaef6e$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> galleries look very bland:

It would seem the character animation is easier, allowing you to do things
like "move this guy's feet backwards-walk-cycle, but keep his hand attached
to the doorknob as the door opens."  You can make muscles bulge as he bends
his arm. You can make skin, or scales, or one other type of
bits-of-texture-moving that I don't remember, as the skeleton moves. You can
do stereo and cell-shaded output. The lip sync is almost trivial once you
get the lip shapes set up, which I *think* is easier than in blender if I
remember. (I haven't tried to do that in blender, so I'm not sure.) You can
take motions (walk cycles, etc) from one character and apply them to
another. The hair is much better and actually works. The physics for cloth
seemed easier but I didn't really persue it in blender much - maybe it's
comparable. I don't remember about rigid or fluid bodies.

All stuff that would be hard to show in a still gallery. It's *animation*
master, after all. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)