POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the problems with the Blender UI : Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One of the problems with the Blender UI
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2009 17:51:05
Message: <4afc9159$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> At $10K a license, you'd expect them to be able to have one of the
> copies scanned, OCR'ed and proofread...

Oh, they did that for the manual for the previous version of the machine.
They scanned it and packaged up the pile of GIFs into a PDF. Except some
pages were missing. And some were out of order. And some were crooked and
half cut off. And it was completely unsearchable because it was just GIFs.
And all the examples were originally black-on-grey and in the B&W scan were
nicely black on black. And it wasn't even the final manual, as there were
hand-written notes in the margin like "I couldn't get the table to come out,
so it's not in this draft."

It's not like you're going to go somewhere else for the manuals on how to
program custom hardware. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)