POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Largest POV image? Server Time
8 Oct 2024 17:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Largest POV image? (Message 47 to 56 of 56)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Largest POV image?
Date: 22 Oct 2009 22:06:52
Message: <4ae10fbc$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:25:56 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> There was an article recently about someone at Google talking about
>> needing to manage 10 million machines....
>
> Your numbers are probably closer to mine, assuming it wasn't a "we plan
> systems in ways that we can manage 10 million, even tho at the moment we
> have only 1." :-)  My numbers are old and estimated from outside the
> company.

I think it might've actually been something along those lines, actually -
I'll have to see if I can find the reference again.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: TC
Date: 23 Oct 2009 03:24:48
Message: <4ae15a40@news.povray.org>
> But a scene coded so that the detail level is driven by the image_height
> and image_width variables would do - which would even make sense in some
> cases, especially for fractal geometry.

Doesn't the detail level change automatically with image_width /
image_height?

A texture should produce a higher level of detail automatically.

Or do you mean something like #NoOfTreesToPlant= image_width*image_height /
AnyReasonableNumber?

Can image_width be accessed in povray?

Post a reply to this message