POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open usenet servers? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Open usenet servers? (Message 1 to 10 of 58)
From: Warp
Subject: Open usenet servers?
Date: 6 Oct 2009 18:29:18
Message: <4acbc4be@news.povray.org>
The largest ISP in Finland decided to shut down their usenet server
because of lack of usage. It seems that it was the *only* server in
Finland which is open to the customers of that ISP (me being one of them)
as well as a huge bunch of customers of other smaller ISPs. There are
closed usenet servers here and there, but with very restricted access
(usually universities). So no luck there.

  So I'm suddenly cut off completely from usenet. Well, except for google
groups, but I would really like to use Thunderbird.

  Does anyone know of good, open usenet servers which I could use (ie.
accessible from Finland)? Ones which allow posting? I tried making a
google search but it seems a bit hopeless.

  I suppose google groups could be a last resort, although I'm not very
thrilled with the prospect.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message